Raw-Vegan Mango-Coconut Cheesecake Topped w/ Fresh Passionfruit
Okay guys so I apologize for this one in advance. If you're anything like me you will NOT be able to stop at one slice but thanks to this containing only pure, raw, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, pus-free, cruelty-free ingredients that's not a problem! Eat the whole thing without feeling guilty or sluggish. This gorgeous babe is beneficial to your health, the planet, the animals, people, and of course your tastebuds! 😍I would share some with you but I'm too busy inhaling the entire thing... so I guess you'll just have to try it for yourself 😁😁😁(or order one from me if you're on Maui). I got off of work a little early so I made this at 11:40pm last night and it's literally the best thing I've created yet. I'm so excited to share this recipe with you and PLEASE tag me on Instagram if you decide to try it out! @veganyasmeen and #veganyasmeen xx
- 1 cup raw walnuts (almonds should work too)
- 1 cup medjool dates; soaked for 5 min in hot water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 vanilla bean pod (or 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract)
- tiny pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups soaked cashew kernels
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (store can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight and scrape the cream off of the top)
- 2 ripe mangoes chopped
- 3/4 cup maple (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: 1 fresh lilikoi (passionfruit) and mango for decoration
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients for the base until it form a nice dough and is broken down to desired texture.
- Press the dough evenly into the base of a spring form pan and set aside.
- In a high powered blender, process the cashews, coconut oil, coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla and chopped mango until it is creamy.
- Pour the filling into the base and place it in the fridge to set over night.
- Decorate with whatever toppings you desire! I used fresh lilikoi (passionfruit) and a sprinkle of dried coconut.