Amazing Vegan GF French Toast
• bread of your choice (I used gluten-free brioche from my favorite bakery Rising Hearts)
• 3/4 cup ICE COLD dairy-free mylk of your choice (I chose unsweetened vanilla almond)
• 1tbsp ground cinnamon + more for garnish
• 1-2tsp of ground nutmeg
• 1 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener or choice)
• toppings of your choice (think maple syrup, cinnamon, granola, berries, banana, chocolate chips, etc)
1. Whisk together VeganEgg and ice cold mylk until well combined. Add more milk as needed.
2. Whisk cinnamon, nutmeg, and sweetener into the egg mixture and pour into semi-shallow dish.
3. Lay your desired amount of bread into the mixture and allow it to soak for a few minutes while you heat up a pan on medium-high heat.
4. Lightly grease pan with Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Spread or raw organic coconut oil (optional but it does make it easier) and allow it to heat up.
5. Transfer slices into your heated pan (one or two at a time depending on the size of your pan) and sear on both sides until golden brown and slightly crunchy on the edges (think about texture). About 5-10 min for each slice in total.
6. When finished cooking, transfer onto a serving plate and top with your desired toppings.
7. ENJOY! xx