Gluten-Free Vegan Waffles/Pancakes
Pancake Sunday??? More like pancakes everyday when they're this good (and good for ya) 😍😍😍Drizzled with fat-free raw-vegan chocolate sauce and topped with fresh berries.. ugh brb I think I need to go make myself some now.
Vegan Gluten-Free Waffles/Pancakes
- 2 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour (oat flour should work too)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds (or 3 tbsp flax seeds)
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural applesauce
- 2 Tbsp coconut palm sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp gluten-free alcohol free vanilla extract
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until the chia seeds are pulverized. Scrape down the sides and blend again. Let the batter sit for at least 15 minutes. Don’t skip this step.
2. Heat your waffle maker and follow your waffle maker’s instructions to prepare the waffle. For pancakes, heat a pan at medium heat. Use a little coconut oil to coat pan. With a ladle, pour a circular pancake. Flip pancakes when edges appear cooked and bubbles emerge on top. Cook until both sides are golden.
3a. Serve pancakes or waffles immediately. If desired, top with maple syrup and/or your favorite toppings.