Remember when you were a kid and you only dreamed of having ice cream for every meal? Well if you're like me that dream never really died and you spent more than a few nights with a pint of cookies and cream in one hand while watching Law & Order on Netflix until 3am. Oh just me? Ooops... Well luckily for me I can now have GIANT bowls of ice cream for every meal in any flavor I desire! This recipe couldn't be any more guilt-free or easy! Enjoy and tag @veganyasmeen and #veganyasmeen if you decide to post a photo of any of your lovely creations on Instagram! xx
- 8 Frozen Bananas
- Freeze your RIPE bananas. Your bananas are not ripe until they are covered in a bunch of pretty brown freckles.
- Process your bananas in your food processor or high-speed blender until smooth (like ice cream/soft serve). You may have to stop and scrape down the sides a few times. Be patient with this step and don’t be too quick to add liquid. Adding liquid will make it more like a smoothie bowl.
- OPTIONAL- Add in whatever flavor add-ins you want! Here are some of my favorites:
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract for vanilla
- 4-6 tbsp raw cacao powder for chocolate
- aprox. 2 cups frozen strawberries for strawberry
- 1 cup soaked dates for caramel
- 2 tsp peppermint extract, fresh mint leaves or spinach (for color), raw cacao nibs or dairy free chocolate chips for mint choc-chip
Raw-Vegan Magic Hard-Shell Topping:
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup (or any liquid sweetener of choice)
- OPTIONAL: 1 tbsp vanilla extract